|District 690 Governor||Hal Barton|
|Rotary President||M. A. T. Caparas|
|Theme||Rotary Brings Hope|
|Convention Location||Munich, Germany|
Hal went into office as one of the most experienced men to hold the job. He had served as Conference Chairman for several different governors and had made up a “Standard Operating Procedure” manual for conference chairman that was to be in use for many years.
The district had 52 clubs with 3,743 members and a strong financial base. Seven clubs received the Presidential Citation from Rotary International. The clubs were: Albany, Buckhead, East Cobb, East Columbus, North DeKalb, Pelham, and Stone Mountain.
The District Conference had 1169 people at Jekyll Island in attendance. The Dougherty County Club was chartered on June 10, 1987, sponsored by Albany, and the North Cobb Club was chartered on June 16, sponsored by Marietta.